General Category > General Discussion

Some laptop-buying advice needed

(1/2) > >>

Jeff Anonymous:
This may look funny coming from me, but how's the battery life on the $999 12.1" iBook?

Dell evidently ripped me off on my desktop (I had to get my sound card replaced to get the good audio quality for which I paid) and Gateway has horrid battery life on the affordable models.

So I am considering a Mac.

tony:
Jeff Anonymous wrote:

>how's the battery life on the $999 12.1" iBook?

I've no idea. I'd suggest you ask in an iBook list.

Angela:
According to http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html:

iBook with 12.1-inch display: 46-watt-hour lithium-ion battery provides up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge (1)

(1) Battery life depends on configuration and use.

So I'd guess you'd get around four hours of normal usage. I don't know, I have one of the last coloured generation of iBooks, whose battery is supposed to run for 6 hours on a single charge. I recall playing mp3s on it through a car stereo most of the way from Auckland to Taumaranui when it was new, not that that would mean much to you. It's a few years old now, and lasts perhaps an hour - I haven't run it on battery for a while.

When my power adaptor broke recently, the iBook slept for over a week after 'fainting' from lack of power, so if you only want the pulsating sleep light and staggering uptimes, you could probably have it going for months on one charge. ;-)

Jeff:
I AM GETTING THE MAC

Ibooks Are Much Greater Even Than The ' Gateways.  Truly, Hypercard Even May Activate Correctly!

I've been mucking around with a Mac 7.5.2 emulator, and it runs some old programs that don't even work in Windows anymore.

Also I finally got to see the stack.  Quite the laugh when I ran into the joke about fora and pedantry.  Quite a bit of laughter eminating from the stack, as well.

Jeff Anonymous:

>>> On 10 May 2003 01:10:01 UTC, Jeff wrote:

I AM GETTING THE MAC

Ibooks Are Much Greater Even Than The ' Gateways.  Truly, Hypercard Even May Activate Correctly!

Er, make that:

..Even Than The IBMs 'N' Gateways...

For IBM = It's Barbarically Megapriced

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version