Author Topic: GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!  (Read 7179 times)

Clare Koppel

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« on: December 02, 2004, 11:35:40 AM »
we are in the quarterfinals this weekend for I-AA Football, the montana grizzlies are playing the new hampshire wildcats. i go to montana. and we are playing here in montana. i need help thinking of something for a sign or acronym for ESPN or GRIZ or GRIZZLIE(S) or anything. the game is this weekend so ASAP is good

Angela

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 08:52:39 AM »
I'm still working on some others, but for now, MONTANA: Masters, Our Native Team -- Ain't No Argument

Tony

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 12:57:42 AM »
Clare  Koppel wrote:
> we are in the quarterfinals this weekend for I-AA Football,
> the montana grizzlies are playing the new hampshire wildcats.
> i go to montana. and we are playing here in montana.
> i need help thinking of something for a sign or acronym for
> ESPN or GRIZ or GRIZZLIE(S) or anything. the game is this weekend so ASAP is good

This is the second mention of ESPN on this site. I am Irish. Angela is a New Zealander - it might be helpful if you didn't assume that we know the terms you use.

Is this 'football' you refer to what we know as Soccer?
Are you playing? Is it girls playing?

ESPN
Excellent Soccer Playing Naturals
GRIZZLIES
Girls Revel In Zesty Zeal, Launch Into Energetic Sport
MONTATA
May Opposition Never Take Away The Advantage

Angela

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 12:40:49 PM »
>>> On 03 December 2004 11:57:42 UTC, Tony wrote:

Is this 'football' you refer to what we know as Soccer?

ESPN
Excellent Soccer Playing Naturals

Well, I always assumed that football was rugby, and soccer was that game with the big nets, but in that case the ESPaNsion could be Excellent Sport Playing Naturals

Angela

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 12:50:41 PM »
By the way, according to acronymfinder.com, ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. It is sports-related, but I don't see why a football team would specifically want their apronym to be associated with a generic term like that unless they have some affiliation with ESPN.

Given that there have been two requests for ESPN apronyms lately, I wonder if ESPN is running some kind of competition for 'best ESPN apronym displayed on a banner at a televised sports game' in order to get themselves a little free advertising. There have been similar competitions run by TV stations here, where the best banner which incorporated the TV station's logo would get a prize. Or maybe it was the logo of a bank which was sponsoring the event, I've forgotten.

Tony

GRIZ, ESPN HELP!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 11:46:26 AM »
Angela wrote:
> Well, I always assumed that football was rugby,
> and soccer was that game with the big nets,

Lots of types of football.....

Rugby Union
Rugby League
Association Football (as-soc-iation gave the SOC to Soccer)
Aussie Rules
Gaelic Football (Irish)

Re your thoughts on an advertising-related thing, I note that a lot of the people who ask for stuff here don't have the good manners to respond to our offerings. These recent ones haven't even given us anything to work with.