Apronyms > Apronym Discussion

Suggestion

(1/2) > >>

Edwin Hermann:
I would like to make the following suggestion:

That a facility be introduced so that acronyms can be submitted via this website.

A <input type="text"> tag for the acronym and a <textarea> for the expansion, perhaps?

Edwin.

Angela Brett:

>>> On 28 November 2000 18:43:15 NZST, Edwin Hermann wrote:

I would like to make the following suggestion:

That a facility be introduced so that acronyms can be submitted via this website.

That's something I'm intending to do soon, just as soon as I either learn some perl or give up and decide to do it in C. I plan to add several cgis to the website so that the website has almost all the functionality of the HyperCard stack. If I can't write the cgis, I'm sure my alter-ego's secret identity MacGirl can... after all, cGi is (kind of) her middle name!

Tony:
MACGIRL
Made Acronyms Computer-Guidable Into Remarkable List

MacGirl:
Given that I'm not yet sure which language to program the CGIs in, MACGIRL=May Attempt Common Gateway Interface... Reviewing Languages.

Hey, maybe I should actually put a few of the MacGirl & KeyBoard stories on the web. I think I've finished the first two (though it's been a while, I can't remember whether I finished the second) and Tony wrote some. Quite a few acronyms refer to the stories so I guess we should let people read them, even if Bondi blue is rather old now. What do you think, Tony?

KeyBoard:
>>> On 29 November 2000 21:01:35 NZST, MacGirl wrote:

Hey, maybe I should actually put a few of the MacGirl & KeyBoard stories on the web. I think I've finished the first two (though it's been a while, I can't remember whether I finished the second) and Tony wrote some. Quite a few acronyms refer to the stories so I guess we should let people read them, even if Bondi blue is rather old now. What do you think, Tony?

Whatever you want. They are 'your' stories and you can read them out loud in the Lecture Hall or Theatre in Massey University if you so wish ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version