Author Topic: Back Again  (Read 6413 times)

Tony

Back Again
« on: November 12, 2001, 02:28:29 AM »
Wirth apologies to Edwin for assuming that any action or inaction of his may have been repsonsible for the recent lapse.....

EDWIN HERMANN
Englishmen Don't Work Internet Neatly - Hapless Event Resoundly Meant Acronymforums Neglectfully Null&void

Angela

Back Again
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2001, 11:09:58 AM »
Right, now why don't we all post the messages up here that were sent through me over the last few days? All in order, please... single file. There's currently an argument about the pronunciation of 403 and it would be best continued on this forum.

By the way, the forum outage was due to a server misconfiguration on the part of UK Solutions. Perhaps they should be acronymised, since you've already acronymised Edwin Hermann who is not at fault.

Tony

Back Again
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2001, 12:15:17 PM »
>>> On 11 November 2001 22:09:58 UTC, Angela wrote:

Right, now why don't we all post the messages up here that were sent through me over the last few days? All in order, please...

I wrote the following:

Hi there,

Clicking on a bookmark for the Acronym Forums, which _always_ worked in the past, I got the following message....

=======================
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi/forums/start.cgi on this server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.20 Server at www.www.co.nz Port 80
=======================

.... So I decided to go in the back-door and accessed your web-page and tried going from there, but I got the same message.

Has someone forgotten to pay their fees again?

FORBIDDEN ACCESS
Finding Oneself Repulsed By Internet Domain, Do Everything Necessary About Creating Complaint - Email Someone Sensible.

Best wishes

Tony McCoy O'Grady
//////////////////
They told me I was gullible... and I believed them!

Tony

Back Again
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2001, 12:17:23 PM »
>>> On 11 November 2001 22:09:58 UTC, Angela wrote:

By the way, the forum outage was due to a server misconfiguration on the part of UK Solutions. Perhaps they should be acronymised,

UK SOLUTIONS
Unable (to) Keep Server On-Line? Unkind Tony Is Offering Nasty Suggestions!