Author Topic: Can you help me build an acronym?  (Read 7766 times)

Shelly

Can you help me build an acronym?
« on: August 26, 2002, 05:39:37 AM »
I work at an SPCA and we received a grant to purchase a 38' RV equipted for surgery, education, and animal adoptions.

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a name for it. The official name is The Dorothy Dorosett Brown Mobile Center.

The words I have been playing with are Outreach, Education, Overpopulation, Surgery, Adoptions, Japonica (that's the name of the street the shelter is located), Spay, Neuter, Mobile, Center, Community, Responsible, Pets, Euthanasia.

I thought of the
NOME Mobile - NO More Euthanasia
CEMA - Community Education Mobile Assistance

Can you tell I'm desperate! In reading your formuns, I find you are very good at putting this stuff together. Any ideas???

Shelly

Tony

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 09:07:26 AM »
Shelly wrote:
> I work at an SPCA and we received a grant to purchase a 38' RV equipted for surgery, education, and animal adoptions.
> I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a name for it.

Nice idea, thanks.

ANIMAL
Automobile Now Improves Many Animals' Lives

(Punning on the closeness of 'SPCA" and 'SPACE'
SPACE STATION
Specially Prepared Automobile - Communty Education & Surgery Taking Animal Topics Into Our Neighbourhood

More later, maybe.

I hope that the vehicle does all you hope it will.

Tony

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 10:36:57 AM »
AMBULANCE
"Animal Motor-Bus" Usage Largely Aids Neighbourhood Community Education

...this could be improved by other minds.... (are you out there Angela?)

Angela

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 12:33:23 PM »

>>> On 25 August 2002 22:36:57 UTC, Tony wrote:

AMBULANCE
"Animal Motor-Bus" Usage Largely Aids Neighbourhood Community Education

...this could be improved by other minds.... (are you out there Angela?)

I sure am, I've been thinking about this one all morning but haven't come up with anything yet. 'Neighbourhood Community' seems like the most troublesome part of that expansion (there is some redundancy in that phrase - I'm sure one of those words is superfluous and unnecessary) so let's see what I can do about that. Hmmm....

"Animal Motor-Bus" Usage Largely Aids Nature-Care Education

"Animal Motor-Bus" Usage Leaves All Nature's Critters/Creatures Ensconced

"Animal Motor-Bus" Usage Largely Aids Neighbourhood's/Neighbours' Creature Empathy

I like the last one best, I think. I'll post some more suggestions once I finish my Marmite sandwich - as reported in the Tablet (http://acronyms.co.nz/fame/mansfield-tablet.html), I think vitamin B helps my creativity.

Angela

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 01:00:29 PM »
Words are leaping around in the pun-o-matic and coming up with nonsense like:

Care-o-van/Carervan/Care-a-van (caravan)

And taken further, some might say too far:

Care-o-vanimals (caravan/care of animals)

CARE-A-VAN:

Community's Animal Refuge, Education And Veterinary Ambulance N...

Shelly

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 09:15:28 AM »
Tony, Angela - You guys are great! Thank you so much. I really Like Care-o-vaminals. I'm going to submit the list to my boss. I'll let you know if she chooses one of yours!

If you come up with any more please pass 'em my way.

Thanks again,

Shelly

>>> On 26 August 2002 01:00:29 UTC, Angela wrote:

Words are leaping around in the pun-o-matic and coming up with nonsense like:

Care-o-van/Carervan/Care-a-van (caravan)

And taken further, some might say too far:

Care-o-vanimals (caravan/care of animals)

CARE-A-VAN:

Community's Animal Refuge, Education And Veterinary Ambulance N...

Todd Halderman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 06:57:06 AM »
I work in accounting and we are trying to launch a departmental employee recongnition program.  We wanted to create a reward with an acronym.  We created some "guilding principles" for the award and I can't seem to make them into anything that it is fun.  The seven guilding principles are:  integrity, entrepreneurship & value creation, customer focus, knowledge, change, accountability, and respect.  Can you think of how to make this make sense and fun.  I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!!!

Todd Halderman

Tony

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 09:25:57 AM »
Todd Halderman wrote:

> employee recongnition program.

> integrity,
> entrepreneurship
> value creation
> customer focus
> knowledge
> change
> accountability
> respect.

What better prize to give your employees (I take it that the scheme is intended to have a physical reward as well as the title) than something valued and respected pretty much everywhere

CAVIARE
Customer Awareness Valued - Integrity. Accountabilty & Respect Esteemed
(maybe needs a different "E" word at the end

Tony

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 10:41:55 AM »
I wrote:

CAVIARE
Customer Awareness Valued - Integrity. Accountabilty & Respect Esteemed
(maybe needs a different "E" word at the end

That should, of course, be a comma after Integrity! Sorry

If you don't think the financial guys would allow you spend company money on caviare, you could aim lower and present a cake

The CAKE award
Change, Accountability, Knowledge & Entrepreneurship award.

The RECOGNITION award
Rewarding Esteemed Colleague On Goals Noted - Individual's Talent Is Officially Noted

The best angle to work on with employee incentive schemes is good old-fashioned greed, you could go for a bit of tongue-in-cheek irony

AVARICE
A Valued Attitude Raises Industrious Colleague's Esteem

Angela

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 11:14:40 PM »
It looks almost like we went back in time, looking at the message list for this thread! The forum has a... er... year bug. It doesn't sound quite as exciting as a millennium bug but at least people are more likely to spell it correctly.

Okay, let's see what I can do with these words...

...departmental employee recongnition program...  reward... "guilding principles"... award...  integrity, entrepreneurship & value creation, customer focus, knowledge, change, accountability, and respect.

SILVER (with or without MEDAL): Seven Important Life/Leadership Values, Expressed Reliably, Means Employee Deserves A Laurelling (or A Loot, Ample Laud, Applause something... I'm still working on the ending)

There are a lot of possibilities for '...ER' words... Employee Recognition, Entrepreneur Rewarded. etc.

REWARD Recognising Employees Who: (pick one) Augment Reputation/Record of Department
Achieve Respect of Department
Achieve Relative to Department

That will do for now, though they didn't include many of your guiding principles, I'm afraid. I'll think of more over lunch (perhaps if I'd expanded more of the herbs in the herbal spam thread, I'd be able to help more with this one, thanks to clearer thinking due to having more antioxidants, less preservatives, more energy, less sugar, fat, and carbohydrates, better alignment of superstrings, instant fame, and a bigger penis. I'd get a job writing spam advertising copy but I spell too well.)

Tony

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:49:28 PM »
Angela wrote:

> I'd get a job writing spam advertising copy but I spell too well.)

Ex-sell-ent!

Tony

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 06:41:40 AM »
I wrote:

> The best angle to work on with employee incentive schemes is good old-fashioned greed,

GREED
Get Rewarded (for) Excellenly Executing Duties

"customers"  would be a good word to work with. I can see the ending of "Employee Reward Scheme" but can't mangle English enough at the minute to work out the first part. I'll try to come back on this one.

What do you think so far Todd? (Are you even still there?)

Eric

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »
How about the "Spay Shuttle"

>>> On 27 August 2005 18:41:40 UTC, Tony wrote:

I wrote:

> The best angle to work on with employee incentive schemes is good old-fashioned greed,

GREED
Get Rewarded (for) Excellenly Executing Duties

"customers"  would be a good word to work with. I can see the ending of "Employee Reward Scheme" but can't mangle English enough at the minute to work out the first part. I'll try to come back on this one.

What do you think so far Todd? (Are you even still there?)