Author Topic: Clothing  (Read 10800 times)

Tony

Clothing
« on: November 14, 2001, 10:51:22 PM »
KNICKERS
Key Necessity In Clothing Kit - Neatly Enswathing Rump/Seat

BRA
Breasts Remodelled/Accentuated

SHIRT
Some 'Horse Investors' Risk This

SHOE
Stops Hurting One's Extremeties

FROCK
Female's Ritzy Outerwear - Cocktail-party Kit

SUIT
Single Units In Tandem

Angela

Clothing
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2001, 12:38:14 AM »
Brilliant, Tony! I liked Shirt especially.

My graduation is on November 31st, so I will acronymise some of the things I'll be wearing.

TRENCHER: The Recently Educated (Now Certificated) Hurl 'Eadgear, Rejoicing.

MORTARBOARD: Most Optically Ridiculous Tradition... Academic Regalia Bordering On A Roof/Desk.

HOOD: Here's Owner Of Degree

GOWN: Graduate's Otherwise Wearing Nothing
(there are bound to be pranksters who wear nothing under the gown.)

Jeff Anonymous

Clothing
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2001, 09:00:53 AM »
Congratulations, Angela...I'm working on a graduation present for you...you'll enjoy :)

Angela

Clothing
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2001, 12:54:30 PM »
<Jeff>
Congratulations, Angela...I'm working on a graduation present for you...you'll enjoy :)
</Jeff>

Gosh, what could it be? A load of acronyms? Revelation of your last name? You don't know my bank account number so that rules out many attractive possibilities. ;^)

Jeff, now and quite possibly forever Anonymous

Clothing
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2001, 06:33:21 AM »
<Angela>
Gosh, what could it be?
</Angela>

Something digital.

<Angela>
A load of acronyms?
</Angela>

Possibly.  Maybe I'll pass Tony's TRANSPORT record with ANGELAs if my idea fails in medias res.

<Angela>
Revelation of your last name?
</Angela>

No.  If you get a doctoral degree that'll come to mind though :)

<Angela>
You don't know my bank account number so that rules out many attractive possibilities. ;^)
</Angela>

You'll like it just the same as if I had wired you five hundred in cold cash.  And if not, I'll do penance acronymically, so fear not.

Angela Brett, B.Sc. (Biological Scientific Calculator)

Clothing
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2001, 10:16:03 PM »
Well, I'm back from graduating... it was in Palmerston North, a six to seven hour drive away, but I didn't think of nearly as many acronyms on the way as I did the last time I went to Palmerston North. I guess I've already exhausted all possibilities for sheep, cow, horse and landscape expansions last time.

I did think of another graduation attire acronym though:

ROBE: Resolution Of Blasted Education (or perhaps Bachelors' Education, but that's more specific than it should be.)

My brother Carl thought of an improvement to the MORTARBOARD acronym quoted at the bottom of this message:

Most Optically Ridiculous Tradition... Academic Regalia Built On A Redundant Design.

Also, unrelated to clothing, Carl thought:

Ph.D. Pathetically Haughty Dunce

and, while walking in a procession through the streets of Palmerston North as some bagpipes were played, I thought of:

BAGPIPES: Blaring At Graduating People In Procession, Emulating Scotland.

>>> On 14 November 2001 11:38:14 UTC, Angela wrote:

MORTARBOARD: Most Optically Ridiculous Tradition... Academic Regalia Bordering On A Roof/Desk.

Angela Brett, B.Sc. (Biological Scientific Calculator)

Clothing
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 10:19:03 PM »
Well, I'm back from graduating... it was in Palmerston North, a six to seven hour drive away, but I didn't think of nearly as many acronyms on the way as I did the last time I went to Palmerston North. I guess I've already exhausted all possibilities for sheep, cow, horse and landscape expansions last time.

I did think of another graduation attire acronym though:

ROBE: Resolution Of Blasted Education (or perhaps Bachelors' Education, but that's more specific than it should be.)

My brother Carl thought of an improvement to the MORTARBOARD acronym quoted at the bottom of this message:

Most Optically Ridiculous Tradition... Academic Regalia Built On A Redundant Design.

Also, unrelated to clothing, Carl thought:

Ph.D. Pathetically Haughty Dunce

and, while walking in a procession through the streets of Palmerston North as some bagpipes were played, I thought of:

BAGPIPES: Blaring At Graduating People In Procession, Emulating Scotland.

>>> On 14 November 2001 11:38:14 UTC, Angela wrote:

Tony

Clothing
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2001, 11:43:06 PM »
Angela Brett, B.Sc. (Biological Scientific Calculator) wrote:

.... the same message once!

Angela Brett, B.Sc. (Biological Scientific Calculator) wrote:

.... the same message twice!

DOUBLE POSTING
Don't Often Use Binary Letter Express - Perhaps One Submitted Twice In Naughty Gamefulness?

Tony

Clothing
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2001, 02:34:33 AM »
>>> On 01 December 2001 09:19:03 UTC, Angela Brett, B.Sc. (Biological Scientific Calculator) wrote:

Well, I'm back from graduating... it was in Palmerston North

Must be the only town/city named after two different British Prime Ministers ;-)

Angela

Clothing
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2001, 02:25:07 AM »

>>> On 15 November 2001 20:00:53 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

And a month and a half later, I wrote:

It must be a mighty fine present, you've been working on it for a while! :^D

Tony

Clothing
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2001, 05:52:42 AM »
>>> On 29 December 2001 13:25:07 UTC, Angela wrote:

>>> On 15 November 2001 20:00:53 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

And a month and a half later, I wrote:

It must be a mighty fine present, you've been working on it for a while! :^D

I've been wondering about this too. I had decided that it was something he had to post to you.

Jeff Anonymous

Clothing
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2001, 07:30:20 AM »

I forgot it, so I'll give you your PHD instead

Philosopher's Honorary Degree

Angela

Clothing
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2001, 09:57:44 AM »

<Angela> Revelation of your last name?
<Jeff> No.  If you get a doctoral degree that'll come to mind though :)

<Angela> Well you've given me a PH.D. now... so do I get to find out your last name?

<Jeff> You'll like it just the same as if I had wired you five hundred in cold cash.  And if not, I'll do penance acronymically, so fear not.

I have to say I would have preferred the cash, unless there's more to come (can wired money be cold?) You'll have to do some penance.

Tony

Clothing
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2001, 10:56:40 AM »
>>> On 29 December 2001 20:57:44 UTC, Angela wrote:

> (can wired money be cold?)

it's better cold than hot! (Though I suppose you would receive the money sooner if it was hot-wired!)

Jeff

Clothing
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2002, 04:33:02 PM »
<Angela> Well you've given me a PH.D. now... so do I get to find out your last name?
</Angela>

nope :)

<Angela>
I have to say I would have preferred the cash, unless there's more to come (can wired money be cold?) You'll have to do some penance.
</Angela>
What penance do you want?