Author Topic: HAPPY CHRISTMAS  (Read 11270 times)

Angela

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2001, 10:57:33 PM »

>>> On 29 December 2001 07:25:25 UTC, Tony wrote:

I suggest that all nyms submitted to this site be credited to whatever name/pseudonym that accompanies the entry

And then I wrote:

Okay, I guess that's a sensible policy... but after the Trickertreat thing, I thought I'd first see if it was just someone playing around who actually wanted the acronyms credited to his/her usual name.

Santa Claus it is!

Angela

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2001, 02:23:16 AM »
Hmm... I at least need to know whether '?' is Santa... I'm not going to credit acronyms in the stack to a punctuation mark.

Tony

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2001, 05:50:36 AM »
>>> On 29 December 2001 13:23:16 UTC, Angela wrote:

Hmm... I at least need to know whether '?' is Santa... I'm not going to credit acronyms in the stack to a punctuation mark.

This is dreadful. I must confess to being Santa, ? and Santa Claus. But please reconsider the attribution of stuff lodged to this forum. If I wanted to be referred to in the stack as ? then i should be able to have that privilege.

Virgil

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2001, 07:33:41 AM »
I actually may just effectively fool, friends.

Angela

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2001, 09:53:21 AM »
The difficulty in calling someone '?' in the stack is that if the person creates enough acronyms to get into the hall of fame, the stack has to make a list of all acronyms by that person. With a one character pseudonym it's very likely that many other acronyms will be thought of by the stack as being by that person, when they're not.

So now that you've owned up, do you want the acronyms to be credited to you or Santa Claus?

By the way, you may use whatever pseudonyms you like on these forums, but there is one rule - you must not impersonate another poster. Things are confusing enough as it is! I hope I don't regret giving you that idea.

tony the manyfaced

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2001, 10:54:20 AM »
>>> On 29 December 2001 20:53:21 UTC, Angela wrote:

So now that you've owned up, do you want the acronyms to be credited to you or Santa Claus?

Santa Claus, of course! Isn't that what I've been trying to establish ;-)

By the way, you may use whatever pseudonyms you like on these forums, but there is one rule - you must not impersonate another poster. Things are confusing enough as it is! I hope I don't regret giving you that idea.

I may be many people, some of them at the same time, but  I promise I will never be an existing or previous poster - any name I post under will not have been used by anyone else. My psuedonymity is used either to relieve boredom or to teasingly irritate everyone else on the forum ;-)