General Category > Word Games

Illiterations ;)

(1/8) > >>

Angela Brett:
It's about time this topic had its own thread. If you've just tuned in, by about 30 posts through the thread 'Jeff strikes back with NEW ACROS' we got onto the topic of alliterations. Suddenly a lot of them started turning up (many not on the forums) which left us wondering what to do with them.

I thought they shouldn't be allowed in the main website/stack as they'd just clutter it up and anyway the acronyms don't form words. Instead, they should have their own section on the website and separate update lists for those who want them in their copies of the stack.

Now, I have an idea which makes things very easy. I could make an update list with the alliterations, and simply use that list (and the stack, of course) to make an acronym tour with the alliterations in it, which would require virtually no work.

Alternatively, I might add to the stack so it can make a different kind of page directly from an update list... a page where all the alliterations will be together (rather than one on each page as in a tour) listed in order of length, and with the 'acronym' being shown as just the initial letter and the number of them, because AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is a little redundant.

I think it would also be good to have a thread in the forums (this one?) where someone starts an alliteration, and each successive post could add to it so that we'll have a constantly growing story with all the words beginning with the same letter. Of course we could have more than one going at a time. It'd be like the party game where each person adds a sentence to a story, only sillier.

Any thoughts?

Oh, I guess not. Alright, I'll start.

Try To Think! This Thread Took Time To Type, Thanks To Temporal Ties. Thougts? Tony?

Jeff:

Try To Think! This Thread Took Time To Type,
Thanks To Temporal Ties. Thougts? Tony?

Tony Too Tired To Try To Type.  Terrible, True?

Tony:
Angela Brett wrote:

Try To Think! This Thread Took Time To Type, Thanks To Temporal Ties. Thougts? Tony?

Thinking Thougts? Tension Through Temples Tingles, Throbs Too. Torment Terrorises Tony, Thus Thwarting Theorising. Therapy? Take Tea.

Tony:
Jeff wrote:

> Tony Too Tired To Try To Type.  Terrible, True?

Tony Thinks Thee Too Time Tied. Tony's Timezone Trans Terra Takes Tomorrow's Today To Turn.

Angela Brett:

> Tony Too Tired To Try To Type.  Terrible, True?

Tony Thinks Thee Too Time Tied. Tony's Timezone Trans Terra Takes Tomorrow's Today To Turn.

Terrific, Though There's Two Threads To Try To Tie Together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version