Author Topic: An apronym I've been working on for a while  (Read 7086 times)

Jeff Anonymous

An apronym I've been working on for a while
« on: December 22, 2003, 04:09:12 PM »
ENRON MACHINE GUN

"E" Nudged Really Ominously Notifies Malfeasance. A Computer Has Insides Not Expected, Generates Unwanted Noise.

Jeff Anonymous, referring to the dark side of his desktop computer (the sound card was misrepresented and there is some odd fan noise) and the fact that Dell and the defunct energy company Enron share the "crooked E" logo.  Suffice to say that his eyes have looked towards Apple for the next upgrade cycle.

Yeah, the computer the UPS man dumped in the yard has some rather aggravating problems, and due to its high-speed-clicking noise and the presence of what looks like an Enron logo, I refer to it regularly as the "Enron machine gun."  Wasn't enough room in the apronym to discuss the fact that the CDs aren't recognized sometimes...besides, I think that's an XP problem.

Tony The Tamperer

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 09:43:30 PM »
Jeff Anonymous wrote:

ENRON MACHINE GUN

Wasn't enough room in the apronym to discuss the fact that the CDs aren't recognized sometimes...besides, I think that's an XP problem.

ENRON MACHINE GUN (2)
Electronic Numbercruncher Recoils Occasionally. Now My Albums/CDs Have Intermittent Notification Errors, Going Unrecognized Episodically

Angela the Anglo-Saxon

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 10:00:52 PM »
>>> On 22 December 2003 08:43:30 UTC, Tony The Tamperer wrote:

ENRON MACHINE GUN (2)
Electronic Numbercruncher Recoils Occasionally. Now My Albums/CDs Have Intermittent Notification Errors, Going Unrecognized Episodically

In case Jeff meant data CDs rather than music CDs, that could be ...Now My Application CDs...

Jeff Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 08:13:06 AM »
Actually, it's both, and DVDs as well.  About two thirds of all disc insertions are failures.
I might add a high quality DVD-RW drive, but would that be really worth it?  After all, the biggest advantage of the DVD format is for video, and talking Windows into doing much with video is about like pulling hens' teeth.

>>> On 22 December 2003 09:00:52 UTC, Angela the Anglo-Saxon wrote:

>>> On 22 December 2003 08:43:30 UTC, Tony The Tamperer wrote:

ENRON MACHINE GUN (2)

In case Jeff meant data CDs rather than music CDs, that could be ...Now My Application CDs...

The Famous Computer In A Suit

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 10:34:04 PM »

ENRON MACHINE GUN (2)

The apronym is not valid because Episodically does not start with N.

Tony

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 01:13:35 PM »
The Famous Computer In A Suit wrote:

> ENRON MACHINE GUN (2)
> Electronic Numbercruncher Recoils Occasionally. Now My > Albums/CDs Have Intermittent Notification Errors, Going > Unrecognized Episodically

The apronym is not valid because Episodically does not start with N.

ENRON MACHINE GUN (2a)
Electronic Numbercruncher Recoils Occasionally. Now My Albums/CDs Have Intermittent Notification Errors, Going Unrecognized Nowandthen