Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACINTOSH  (Read 6623 times)

Jeff Anonymous

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACINTOSH
« on: January 25, 2004, 02:40:44 PM »
Historical Apple Product Presented Years Back.  It's Really Terrific; Humans Don't Actually Yearn for Magical Arcanities.  Commandline Isn't Needed, Though OSX's Sure Helps

(Jeff Anonymous on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of the 128k Mac.)

In commemoration of the event, I abstained from Windows XP today.

Jeff

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACINTOSH
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 02:41:14 PM »
Of course, this is in honor of the 24th, which it still is here.

>>> On 25 January 2004 01:40:44 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

Historical Apple Product Presented Years Back.  It's Really Terrific; Humans Don't Actually Yearn for Magical Arcanities.  Commandline Isn't Needed, Though OSX's Sure Helps

(Jeff Anonymous on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of the 128k Mac.)

In commemoration of the event, I abstained from Windows XP today.

Angela

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACINTOSH
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 12:54:44 PM »
I didn't use Windows XP that day either, but I'm ashamed to say I did spend the day helping out at a Linux installfest. My Mac came away with its Panther installation unharmed though. There's no point installing Linux on it when I have Linux's good looking, easy to use cousin.

I put this one on the site before noticing this thread, but it's on topic so I'll paste it here anyway. It could probably do with some improvement, given all the necessary explanation:

TODAY WE CELEBRATE
The Orwellian Doom About Year Went... Enlightened Computing Employees Left Electric Blue/Brother's Regime And Turned Easeward.

I thought of it while watching the famous '1984' Macintosh ad (the new version, with the iPod stealthily added in) on its 20th anniversary. The ad begins with 'Today we celebrate...' which, although referring to something completely different in the ad, is true as we celebrate the Mac's 20th birthday. 'Electric Blue' or 'Electric Brother' refers to Big Blue (IBM) which plays the part of Big Brother in the ad. 'Easeward' means 'toward ease'. I decided that with the similarity to Eastward it sounded almost good enough to be a real word.