Author Topic: More Acros, or, my ascention to Hall of Fame  (Read 9756 times)

Jeff

More Acros, or, my ascention to Hall of Fame
« on: March 12, 2001, 02:00:34 PM »
Pokemon-related acronyms:

POKENYMS: Pokemon Original Kreations.  Even Nicer, You Might Say.  (in reference to the fact that some pokemon acros will be more interesting than the subject matter)

PICHU:  Pikachu Infant.  Cries Horribly, Unpeacefully.  (Pichu, Pokemon #172, is a baby Pikachu)

General Acronyms:

ACRONYMS: Abuncha Crazy Ramblings, Openly Nice, Yipee!  My Stars!

IOMEGA:
Input/ Output, My Electronic Gargantuan Accesses.  (in reference to Iomega, the company responsible for Zip disks)

PC: Poorman's Computer

VAGINA: Venereal Area.  Girl's.  I no 'ave. (In response to PENIS and PHALLUS

Zzzzzzzzzra : Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zoink Zizzing Zombies.  Zippily Zombifying.  Real?  Actual!

(in reference to Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra  of "ZZ TOPS' LAST ALBUM" fame)

Angela Brett

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2001, 03:18:48 PM »

PICHU:  Pikachu Infant.  Cries Horribly, Unpeacefully.  (Pichu, Pokemon #172, is a baby Pikachu)

I didn't know there was a Pichu - I don't know a whole lot about the new Pokemon after #151, although I'm sure my nephew could tell me all about them. How many are there now? I was intending to make a tour of the first 151 once they're finished, and then do the others later. However, perhaps it would be a better idea to make the tour now and fill in the gaps as more pokenyms are created.

ACRONYMS: Abuncha Crazy Ramblings, Openly Nice, Yipee!  My Stars!

This one will automatically become one of the random ACRONYMS expansions on the top of each page, so there's some extra prestige for you. :)

IOMEGA:
Input/ Output, My Electronic Gargantuan Accesses.  (in reference to Iomega, the company responsible for Zip disks)

And don't forget Jaz drives/cartridges! (I Own Marvelous External Gigabyte Accessory, though I'm trying to sell it because I don't need and can't use it as it is with my iBook)

PC: Poorman's Computer

It's not an honour attempt so it's not too important, but we prefer acronyms like that to have more than one original word. See if you can think of an alternative C word.

Zzzzzzzzzra : Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zoink Zizzing Zombies.  Zippily Zombifying.  Real?  Actual!

I can't say I've ever seen a zoinking zed zoink a zizzing zombie, though it'd be difficult to get anything better from those letters... I'll have to see what Tony says about this one.

Tony

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2001, 11:29:06 PM »
>>> On 12 March 2001 14:18:48 NZST, Angela Brett wrote:

>> ACRONYMS: Abuncha Crazy Ramblings, Openly Nice, Yipee!  My Stars!

A Bit Unusual, Nomenclaturewise, You Might Suggest?

(I think you're pushing your luck with this one. ;-)

>> Zzzzzzzzzra : Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zoink Zizzing Zombies.  Zippily Zombifying.  Real?  Actual!

> I can't say I've ever seen a zoinking zed zoink a zizzing zombie, though it'd be difficult to get anything better from those letters... I'll have to see what Tony says about this one.

Your dictionary's definition of "Zoink" is as follows.....

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 05:56:07 AM »
Zoink is basically zonk...see webster.com for that.

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 05:59:01 AM »

>>PC: Poorman's Computer

>It's not an honour attempt so it's not too >important, but we prefer acronyms like that to >have more than one original word. See if you can >think of an alternative C word.

Okay,  Poorman's Calculator perhaps?  Not too anti-PC, but even a W98 user like me's gotta admit...Mac is more stable, and (guess what?) has a hypercard player.

Angela Brett

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 10:18:09 AM »

>>> On 12 March 2001 22:29:06 NZST, Tony wrote:

>> ACRONYMS: Abuncha Crazy Ramblings, Openly Nice, Yipee!  My Stars!

A Bit Unusual, Nomenclaturewise, You Might Suggest?

(I think you're pushing your luck with this one. ;-)

I don't think you really have grounds to reject it, considering your COULDS (Completely Off-the-wall, Utopian, Loads-a-money-for Development Suggestions)

What's ABUNYMS all about, anyway? Were you going for ABUNCHA?

Angela Brett

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 10:23:03 AM »

Okay,  Poorman's Calculator perhaps?

Well, I was thinking that myself, but it isn't really a poorman's calculator... a poorman's calculator is a calculator, and one which can actually do arithmetic accurately. :)

I wasn't really asking for a definition of Zoink... what I meant was, the expansion doesn't really make sense anyway - I've never seen a Zonking Zed, myself, although Zizzing Zombie is alright since I guess they're kind of sleeping. But what do they have to do with Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra?

Tony

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2001, 11:22:23 AM »
>>> On 13 March 2001 09:18:09 NZST, Angela Brett wrote:

> I don't think you really have grounds to
> reject it, considering your COULDS
> (Completely Off-the-wall, Utopian,
> Loads-a-money-for Development
> Suggestions)

"Loads-a-money" became a catchphrase in England in the time of Mrs Thatcher, from a character developed by Harry Enfield, _and_ it tied in with Eric's series of words. See the description of "Must".

> What's ABUNYMS all about, anyway?
> Were you going for ABUNCHA?
Yes. It appears I got sidetracked.

A Big Unitary Number - Covers Hundreds, Apparently.

Angela Believes Unusual Novelties Can Have Acceptance?

Jeff

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2001, 11:52:58 AM »

>I wasn't really asking for a definition of >Zoink... what I meant was, the expansion doesn't >really make sense anyway - I've never seen a >Zonking Zed, myself, although Zizzing Zombie is >alright since I guess they're kind of sleeping.

You can be zonked by so many zees in a row and be made into a zizzing zombie.

>But what do they have to do with Zachery >Zzzzzzzzzra?

His name has a bunch of zees.  But who is ZZ Tops and what does his last album have to do with anything?

Tony

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2001, 12:53:11 PM »
Jeff wrote:

> But who is ZZ Tops and what does his last album have to do with anything?

LOL.   -  Jeff, I think it's time you told us a little about yourself.

BUT WHO IS ZZ TOPS
Basically Unkempt Trio Whose Hairiness, Obviously, Is Super-Zapatan. Zitherlike Tools Offered Popular Success.

Angela,
I don't know them bery well but I think this is a reasonable description. Would you agree?

Angela Brett

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2001, 08:02:12 PM »

"Loads-a-money" became a catchphrase in England in the time of Mrs Thatcher, from a character developed by Harry Enfield, _and_ it tied in with Eric's series of words. See the description of "Must".

Still, if Off-the-wall can be counted as one, perhaps Abuncha can be. However, I suggest avoiding the whole issue but using 'Abundant' instead. Do you like that idea, Jeff?

ZZ Tops is a singer, or band, or something... before my time. I'll let Tony defend his own acronym.

Can a Zee Zonk? It's all a bit iffy, but I don't know if it could be much better considering the letters you had to play with. Let's see what Tony thinks...

Jeff

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2001, 07:28:43 AM »
>Still, if Off-the-wall can be counted as one, >perhaps Abuncha can be. However, I suggest >avoiding the whole issue but using 'Abundant' >instead. Do you like that idea, Jeff?

Abundent would be better, yes...

>ZZ Tops is a singer, or band, or something... >before my time. I'll let Tony defend his own >acronym.

Before my time, too...

>Can a Zee Zonk? It's all a bit iffy, but I don't >know if it could be much better considering the >letters you had to play with. Let's see what >Tony thinks...

Zees can zonk you if there's a bunch of them all together.

Tony

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 01:21:05 AM »

I was surprised to realised that we never included, in this thread, an expansion for

HALL OF FAME
Here's A Long List Outlining Fully Famous Acronym Makers Everywhere

Angela

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 12:20:24 PM »
Here Anthony Looks Like One Fine Fellow... Added Most Expansions.