Author Topic: need acronym  (Read 7578 times)

Lorri

need acronym
« on: February 08, 2006, 02:42:45 AM »
I need an acroynm for our Children's church service ages 6-12.  The one we want to use for the ages 3-5 is J.A.M (Jesus and Me) we would like somthing to coincide with this or rythme.

thanks
Lorri

Lorri

need acronym
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 03:05:45 AM »
Forgot to tell you I was thinking of using the word POWER.  But can't come up with anything for kids ages 6-12 church service.
Lorri

Tony

need acronym
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 07:07:23 AM »
Lorri wrote:

> Forgot to tell you I was thinking of using the word POWER.
> But can't come up with anything for kids ages 6-12 church service.

As I said on your other thread Lorri, we need more details of what you will actually be doing with the children.
Please don't assume that we share your religious knowledge, or your faith. I have quite a wide knowledge of Christianity but wouldn't like to be pinned down to anything 'certain'.
There are others who offer assistance here about whose religious background I am totally in the dark.
If you read the two threads at the top of the list you'll have seen that we like to help, but we need all the help you can give us first.

Angela

need acronym
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 02:42:57 AM »
I thought of the song lyric 'Tea, a drink with JAM and BREAD...' and I think BREAD could play in with the 'bread of life' symbolism.

Be Really Excited About Diocese

Diocese is not the sort of word 6-12 year olds would be likely to use, but I can't think of any better ones right now. As Tony said, it depends on what kind of church it is. It may be that a D word leaps out at you immediately because you know more about the situation. I think, 'Be Really Excited About...' is a good start though, as I hope that's what you want them to be.

If the adults get together for refreshments after mass, you could even call that group TEA... The Ecclesiastical/Exalted/Excited/Exhausted (though they're probably not exhausted if you take the kids of their hands!) Adults. I'm short on time and inspiration at the moment.