Author Topic: ZZZZZZZZZRA  (Read 8820 times)

Jeff

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« on: May 04, 2001, 02:44:05 AM »
Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zombies. Zippily Zombifying. Real? Actual!

(in reference to Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra of "ZZ TOPS' LAST ALBUM" fame)

Angela Brett

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2001, 03:24:42 PM »
I've been wondering whether to let that acronym in, since it doesn't make an enormous amount of sense but probably is about as good as you can get with those letters.

However, the Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra I've heard of has 9 Zs and your acronym only has eight Z words. I'm quite sure it's 9, but it's possible I remembered incorrectly. I think I read about Zachery in the 1992 Guinness Book of Records, but I can't find the reference at the moment as a few pages of the index in my copy have fallen out.

>>> On 03 May 2001 14:44:05 UTC, Jeff wrote:

Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zombies. Zippily Zombifying. Real? Actual!

Jeff

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2001, 04:21:06 PM »
Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zoological Zombies. Zippily Zombifying.  Real? Actual!

That better, Angela?  Ditch the Zoological if there are indeed eight zees.

Tony

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2001, 07:07:32 PM »
>>> On 04 May 2001 04:21:06 UTC, Jeff wrote:

Zoinking Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zoological Zombies. Zippily Zombifying.  Real? Actual!

Jefffff,
Would you like to try to translate that 'sentence' into English ;-)

Jeff

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2001, 10:14:56 AM »

Too many zees zonk zippy undead animals.  And yes, Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra is a real dude.

Tony

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2001, 08:32:21 PM »
>>> On 04 May 2001 22:14:56 UTC, Jeff wrote:

Too many zees zonk zippy undead animals.  And yes, Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra is a real dude.

LOL! .... and you believe that this makes sense?

I think you'll find that too much sleep doesn't have any negative effects on energetic animals.

Angela Brett

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2001, 10:20:18 PM »
I think what Jeff means is that the impact of there being so many zeds in a row is so shocking as to zonk these sleeping undead. However, the 'Real? Actual' is referring to Zzzzzzzzzra being a real surname, although going by what comes before it in the alleged sentence, it seems to imply instead that it is actually true that there are zombies which are zonked by zees.

While this may be the most sense one can get out of nine zeds, that doesn't mean it makes enough sense to be in the stack.

I can, at least, come up with part of a Zzzzzzzzzra acronym which would actually have something to do with Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra and his achievement of being last in the phone book - 'Zachery's Zillion Zenithal Zees (Zeds)...' If we could work together and finish one along those lines it would be more coherent and topical. Perhaps it could end with some reference to Alphabetical... or, since being last in the phone book doesn't show any real achievement, it could end with 'Zero Relevance, Actually!' or 'Zero Real Achievement'.

But remember... just because we're trying to think of one, there's no guarantee that an expansion for Zzzzzzzzzra actually exists. So there's no need to add a not so sensible one just because the acronym was attempted. It is better to admit there is no good Zzzzzzzzzra acronym, if that's what we find.

>>> On 05 May 2001 08:32:21 UTC, Tony wrote:

I think you'll find that too much sleep doesn't have any negative effects on energetic animals.

Jeff Anonymous

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2001, 11:52:45 AM »
I think what Jeff means is that the impact of there being so many zeds in a row is so shocking as to zonk these sleeping undead. However, the 'Real? Actual' is referring to Zzzzzzzzzra being a real surname, although going by what comes before it in the alleged sentence, it seems to imply instead that it is actually true that there are zombies which are zonked by zees.

>True, Angela.  The last bit can be taken either way, actually.  It'd zonk a zombie, that name.

While this may be the most sense one can get out of nine zeds, that doesn't mean it makes enough sense to be in the stack.

>So true...

I can, at least, come up with part of a Zzzzzzzzzra acronym which would actually have something to do with Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra and his achievement of being last in the phone book - 'Zachery's Zillion Zenithal Zees (Zeds)...'  
>Zonk Zizzing Zombies.  Zero Relevance,  Actually!

If we could work together and finish one along those lines it would be more coherent and topical. Perhaps it could end with some reference to Alphabetical... or, since being last in the phone book doesn't show any real achievement, it could end with 'Zero Relevance, Actually!' or 'Zero Real Achievement'.

>See above, where I filled in the blank with a portion of my attempt.

But remember... just because we're trying to think of one, there's no guarantee that an expansion for Zzzzzzzzzra actually exists. So there's no need to add a not so sensible one just because the acronym was attempted. It is better to admit there is no good Zzzzzzzzzra acronym, if that's what we find.

>True, however, it's worth trying...ever considered an "ACRONYMS REJECTS" section?

REJECTS:

Regurgitation Exemplifies Justice Et Cleanliness. True, Simple.

Tony

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2001, 02:01:54 PM »
>>> On 05 May 2001 23:52:45 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

REJECTS:

Regurgitation Exemplifies Justice Et Cleanliness. True, Simple.

REJECTS (2)
Refused Entry Justly. Entry Criteria Taken Seriously!

REJECTS (3)
Rubbishy Entries Justifiably Evicted - Cannot Taint Stack.

Angela Brett

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2001, 03:25:42 PM »
Okay, so we have as a second draft:

Zachery's Zillion Zenithal Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zombies. Zero Relevance, Actually!

I actually prefer the 'Zero Real Achievement' ending. Calling for improvements...

Jeff, do we have evidence that Zachery's Zillion Zenithal Zees actually do zonk zizzing zombies? I think zombies are already zonked, and zizzing ones even more so. If these pre-zonked creatures can be even further zonked by this string of Zees, they either have a severe Z allergy (really bad luck to be a zizzing zombie and have a Z allergy!) or I, too, should be in a coma from having seen them so many times. I know it's only figurative, but nine Zees really isn't so shocking that it can further zonk some zizzing zombies.

Zonked Zizzing Zombies actually makes sense, and could be a name for a rock band... but it doesn't have a whole lot of connection to Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra, apart from Zachery Zzzzzzzzzra also being a good name for a rock singer.

Angela Brett

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2001, 03:42:32 PM »
I've just done a search with Sherlock, and discovered that it's actually ZachAry Zzzzzzzzzra. I've been a bit unsure about that the whole time, so I chose the spelling which was later alphabetically. :)

I found two references to him, apart from the Acronyms XYZ listing and another page in another language where, oddly, the only thing I understand is 'Zzzzzzzzzra':

http://www.homestead.com/bitsys/facts.html
http://www.gryphon.com.au/online/nwsltr98/oct98_4.htm

Jeff

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2001, 06:05:27 AM »
Draft three: Zachary's Zillion Zenithal Zees (Zeds) Zonk Zizzing Zombies.  Zero real achievenment.

Yeah, Zero Real Achievement makes more sense.  Calling for improvements...

Jeff, do we have evidence that Zachery's Zillion Zenithal Zees actually do zonk zizzing zombies? I think zombies are already zonked, and zizzing ones even more so. If these pre-zonked creatures can be even further zonked by this string of Zees, they either have a severe Z allergy (really bad luck to be a zizzing zombie and have a Z allergy!) or I, too, should be in a coma from having seen them so many times. I know it's only figurative, but nine Zees really isn't so shocking that it can further zonk some zizzing zombies.
>It's figurative, as in it would take the  "un" out of "undead zombie."

Angela Brett

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2001, 08:23:32 AM »
If Zachary Zzzzzzzzzra took anything out of "undead zombie" it was the z!

>>> On 06 May 2001 18:05:27 UTC, Jeff wrote:

>It's figurative, as in it would take the  "un" out of "undead zombie."

Jeff

ZZZZZZZZZRA
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2001, 03:36:16 PM »
Zachary's Zillion Zenithal Zees (Zeds) Zippily Zonk Zoologists. Zero real achievement.