Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 9974 times)

Tony

Cycling
« on: October 15, 2001, 12:27:22 PM »
CYCLISTS SHOULD BE CAREFUL
Caution Your Children! Lessons In Safe Transport Should Save Harmful Outcomes..... (Unsafe Learner Drivers, Badly Educated, Cause Accidents) .... Repeat Every Fortnight Until Learnt.

Origin. My son was knocked down in a collision between his bicycle and a motorcar. He is not badly injured and we are unsure as to who was at fault, but as his father I have decided that the car driver was ;-)

Jeff Anonymous

Cycling
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2001, 11:05:26 AM »
O FOR THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD
Oh Fiddlesticks.  Over Run Tot...Hit European Jalopey.  Overall, Youth Survivied, 'Owever, Flattened.  Perhaps Another Reason Exclaiming "Need The Helmet"?  Optional?  Oah Dunthinkso.

Angela Brett

Cycling
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2001, 11:27:32 AM »
Since Tony's son is older than anyone I'd consider a 'tot' perhaps that could change to 'Over Run Tonylet' :)

>>> On 15 October 2001 22:05:26 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

O FOR THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD
Oh Fiddlesticks.  Over Run Tot...Hit European Jalopey.  Overall, Youth Survivied, 'Owever, Flattened.  Perhaps Another Reason Exclaiming "Need The Helmet"?  Optional?  Oah Dunthinkso.

Jeff Anonymous, forever tactless

Cycling
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2001, 12:14:56 PM »
Tonylet it is, Angela...how old is young Mr. O'Grady anyhow?

(oh, and I'm back to the @home email address)

Tony

Cycling
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2001, 09:51:06 PM »
>>> On 16 October 2001 23:14:56 UTC, Jeff Anonymous, forever tactless wrote:

Tonylet it is, Angela...how old is young Mr. O'Grady anyhow?

Young Mr McCoy O'Grady is about to become a mirror of his father - he is

FIFTEEN
Fifteen Is Five Threes - Especially Endearing Number

I could just have said that he is 15 but that would have been boring and off-topic for the site we're on ;-)

Jeff Anonymous

Cycling
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2001, 04:51:48 AM »
15 eh?  Me wonders why he has yet to submit an acronym...guess he didn't take after his father that much.

Angela

Cycling
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2001, 08:21:25 PM »
Well, if I'm not mistaken, Tony's words have come true today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY!

Hardly A Party Pooper, You'll Be Incrementing 'Round The Helios' Digits, Announcing 'Yippee! Tony O'Grady's New Year!'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!

Here's A Properly Phony Year... Because In Roman, The (Heard) Digits Announce You're Allowed Non-Truths. Twenty-One Now, Yeah?

(Tony is now officially allowed to li about his age)

Play the Birthday Game, Tony... sorry I didn't make you anything new this year. I hope you have a great day, and indeed, a GREAT YEAR.

Get Ready, Everyone, As Tony's Year Exceeds All Records!

>>> On 17 October 2001 08:51:06 UTC, Tony wrote:

Young Mr McCoy O'Grady is about to become a mirror of his father - he is

FIFTEEN
Fifteen Is Five Threes - Especially Endearing Number

I could just have said that he is 15 but that would have been boring and off-topic for the site we're on ;-)

Jeff Anonymous, the world's proofreader

Cycling
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2001, 04:55:41 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!

Here's A Properly Phony Year... Because In Roman, The (Heard) Digits Announce You're Allowed Non-Truths. Twenty-One Now, Yeah?

Never knew it was MARC ANTONY'S BIRTHDAY

Madness And Revenge Caused by Angela's Neglection of Tony's Often Neglected Yardstick Symbol, So Badly Indeed that Readers Tried Hard, Damnit, Angela, Y?

(Excuse the ranting style and cheat at end...but you left the H out of Anthony)

Tony

Cycling
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2001, 11:36:54 AM »
Jeff Anonymous, the world's proofreader wrote:

The 'H' in Anthony is silent, so maybe it doesn't matter if it is omitted. Mind you, my sister pronounces Anthony in such a way as to let the hearer know that there is an 'h' in it.

Angela

Cycling
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2001, 11:39:11 AM »
Doh! And I replaced it with a T word. Okay:

Here's A Properly Phony Year... Because In Roman, The (Heard) Digits Announce You're Allowed Non-Truths. Have One Neat Year!

(Not meaning to imply that subsequent years shouldn't be neat)

You used an extra capitalised S word, which makes me think of decapitating with a sword for some reason.

>>> On 27 November 2001 15:55:41 UTC, Jeff Anonymous, the world's proofreader wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!

Never knew it was MARC ANTONY'S BIRTHDAY

Madness And Revenge Caused by Angela's Neglection of Tony's Often Neglected Yardstick Symbol, So Badly Indeed that Readers Tried Hard, Damnit, Angela, Y?

Angela

Cycling
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2001, 11:42:51 AM »
Wow, I think you posted while I was composing my message, Tony! People here pronounce the H in Anthony... going by what I've heard, I tink Irish people tend to pronounce 'th' as 't' in general. I'm sure Tony is more of an autority on that though.

Tony

Cycling
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2001, 12:29:04 PM »
>>> On 27 November 2001 22:42:51 UTC, Angela wrote:

Wow, I think you posted while I was composing my message, Tony! People here pronounce the H in Anthony... going by what I've heard, I tink Irish people tend to pronounce 'th' as 't' in general. I'm sure Tony is more of an autority on that though.

Wow, I tink you posted while I was composing my message, Tony! People here pronounce de H in Ant'ny... going by what I've heard, I tink Irish people tend to pronounce 'th' as 't' in general. I'm sure Tony is more of an autority on dat dough.

t's and d's -- depending ;-)

Jeff

Cycling
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2001, 06:32:18 AM »
Here "Anthony" is pronounced:

An like "Ann"
th as in "arthropod"
ony like "uh knee"

Tony

Cycling
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2001, 10:37:24 AM »
Jeff wrote: