Author Topic: Page titles  (Read 6431 times)

Angela

Page titles
« on: April 05, 2002, 10:29:18 PM »
Hi,

I've already mentioned that I've been disobeying rule pi+3i or ei+ei+0 of the Acronymists' Charter by capitalising the headings of pages on this site without expanding them. Well, now I've expanded them - though there are a few cheats. These expansions, in a way, make the Acronym search form into a search through the whole site, because if someone searches for 'Acronymising tips' for example, they'll find the expansion of that page heading, and the credit will mention the URL.

ACRONYMS SO FAR
A Count Revealing Our Novel Yield... Measurement Shows Signs Our Futile Activity's Rampant!

CATEGORY LISTING
Choose A Topic - Each Gets One Record. You'll Love It... See Tachygraphy In Natural Groupings.

ACRONYM SEARCH FORM
A Casual Reader Of Netborne Yarns Might Seek Expansions About Relatives... Creativity's Habit-Forming, One Reads More.

ACRONYM TOURS Are Considered Really Obsolete... Now You'll Migrate To Our (Updated Regularly) Subcategories

RECENT ACRONYM
Reflects Everyone Constantly Expanding New Terms, All Carefully Recorded Online. 'Ncludes Yours, Maybe!

ALLITERATIONS
Another Like Letter Indulges The Ear - Repeat Again To Induce Outrageously Nonsensical Sound.

ACRONYMIST HALL OF FAME
A Celebration Relying On Numbers, You Might Instead Say They're Highscores. A Limited List Of Figures Features Acronymaniacs [with] Most Entries

ACRONYMIST ALL OF FAME
Advice: Click Rodent On Names, You May Instantly See Their Acronyms' Links Listed. On Further For Any Mentioned Expansion.

ACRONYMIST HONOURS LIST
Awards Concerning Record Ordering, Numbers, Years (Millennium's Initial 'Spansion's There) Here Our Niche Of Unparalleled 'Riters Shines - Literature Is Superlatively Terrific!

UPDATE LISTS
Upload Pages During Accretion/Accumulation, Then Each Large-ish Intake's Sent To Stacks

ACRONYMISING TIPS

Acronym Creators - Read Our Notes. Your Mentor Is Superlative, Inspiring Nym-Generator... Tony Imparts Precious Suggestions

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Send Uncommon (But Meaningfully Initialled) 'Spansions. Show It's Original - Nothing Gathered Using Internet Databases. Explicit Lewdness Is Not Encouraged - Subdue!

ABOUT THE STACK
Acronyms Brought Out Unusual Talent, This HyperCard Engine Stored Them Alongside Cumulated Knowledge.

VERSION HISTORY
Verbosely Each Revision's Stated... It's Obviously Necessary (Hardly! It Simply Tells of Older Releases - Yawn!)

SEARCH HELP
Strongly Endorsed... A Reading Can (Hopefully) Help Explain Location Parameters.

CREDITS
Contributions Recognised [for] Everything Done In The Site

LINKS
Last Inventive 'Nym? Keep Surfing!

That leaves the 'ACRONYMS BY...' headings, and the headings of the forums pages. THREAD LIST and FORUM POST have been done already, so there's at least MESSAGE LIST and POST A MESSAGE to go.

Tony

Page titles
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 12:25:37 AM »
Angela,
That stuff is brilliant. Obviously being in full-time employment hasn't hampered your Nymble mind. (Has it helped it, perhaps, by giving you some idle moments to devote to nymming?) I would offer these two to you.

That leaves the 'ACRONYMS BY...' headings, and the headings of the forums pages. THREAD LIST and FORUM POST have been done already, so there's at least MESSAGE LIST and POST A MESSAGE to go.

POST A MESSAGE
Perhaps One Should Tender A Missive Ensuring Some Special Acronym Gets Expanded

MESSAGE LIST
Multiple Entries Sorted Systematically (As Gathered) - Everything's Listed In Single Topics
(I'm not happy with the 'L' of List being expanded with 'Listed', any offers?)

Angela

Page titles
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 01:07:22 AM »
MESSAGE LIST
Multiple Entries Sorted Systematically (As Gathered) - Everything's Listed In Single Topics
(I'm not happy with the 'L' of List being expanded with 'Listed', any offers?)

Efficient Layout In Single Topics, perhaps? Efficiently/Everything's Laid-out would do too, but the -out is worse than using LIST's L for Listed.

Since I capitalised LIST just then... Layout Is Simplest Table

I loved 'Nymble', somebody will have to use that one in an acronym.

Tony

Page titles
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 01:14:13 AM »
Tony/Angela wrote:

MESSAGE LIST
Multiple Entries Sorted Systematically (As Gathered) - Efficient Layout In Single Topics

That'll do for me.

> I loved 'Nymble', somebody will have to use that one in an acronym.

NYMBLE MINDED
Now You're Mentally Bubbling - Let's Enjoy Mentally Inventing 'Nyms - Delightful Expansions Delivered.