Author Topic: You are what you eat  (Read 9704 times)

Tangelo

You are what you eat
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2002, 12:17:13 PM »
>>> On 12 September 2002 09:00:14 UTC, Toasty wrote:

What, or who, is "Moki'?

It's a fish. I found the word in my dictionary because I had a vague recollection of there being a fish or something which sounded like McCoy. I then did extensive research to find out whether people eat it (apparently blue moki is popular) and also found a reference (googlewhack!) to Japanese "moki rice". The only alternative I could come up with was Toasty McDonalds' O'Gravy.

Tony

You are what you eat
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2002, 07:38:48 PM »
Tangelo Bread wrote:

>> What, or who, is "Moki'?

> It's a fish. I found the word in my dictionary because I had a vague recollection of there being a fish or something which sounded like McCoy.
> I then did extensive research to find out whether people eat it (apparently blue moki is popular) and also found a reference (googlewhack!) to Japanese "moki rice".
> The only alternative I could come up with was Toasty McDonalds' O'Gravy.

I am enlightened, thank you.
I prtesume that you know that a tangelo is a cross-bred fruit..... a you cross? are you eating bread? are you a fru - (naw, i better not go there!)  :-)

Angela

You are what you eat
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2002, 09:11:01 PM »
I am enlightened, thank you.
I prtesume that you know that a tangelo is a cross-bred fruit..... a you cross? are you eating bread? are you a fru - (naw, i better not go there!)  :-)

I'm not at all cross, but very, very amused. My full name is Tangelo Queerly Bred - and don't tease me about my middle name! Still edible but less tangelo-centric would be Tangelo Fairy Bread - same problem. So perhaps I'll go with Tangelo Maori Bread.

Hot-cross buns are also fruity cross-bread.

HOT-CROSS BUNS
How Oddly They Celebrate Religious Occasion... 'Sweet & Savioury' Bread Undoes Numerous Sins.

Or something like:

Holy On-Top Crucifix... Remember Our Saviour Suffered Brutality Undoing Numerous Sins

or something about Splitting Bread perhaps?