Author Topic: Server Error  (Read 8802 times)

Tony

Server Error
« on: September 15, 2002, 11:32:02 AM »
I was trying to submit an expansion for an unsuccessful search and got a Server Error message.

I was sending an expansion for
\WATERMELON
Wet And Tasty (Eaten Ripe)  - Much Elbow-Licking Often Necessary
Tony (the juice gets everywhere!) McCoy O'Grady
and I got a message saying ....

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, wishes@freak.school.nz and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.26 Server at acronyms.co.nz Port 80

Any comments anybody

Angela

Server Error
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 05:16:33 PM »
I liked the Elbow-Licking! Very amusing.

The server was given a new hard drive lately, and reinstalled/reconfigured etc... I only realised when Eric emailed me that none of the CGIs were working. It seems to be fixed now.

I APOLOGISE!

It's A Pity, One Loathes Often Getting Internal Server Errors.

Angela

Server Error
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2002, 01:34:17 PM »
I read somewhere recently that it's impossible to lick your elbow.

Is that true? What would happen if I tried to lick your elbow?

Tony

Server Error
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 11:00:05 AM »
>>> On 28 November 2002 00:34:17 UTC, Angela wrote:

Firstly, you'd need a very long tongue :-)
As to what would happen, I'd prove to be a very Dirty Old Man!

Edwin Hermann

Server Error
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 10:27:31 PM »
It's also impossible to stand against a wall with your heels to the wall and touch your toes whilst keeping your feet flat to the ground.

>>> On 28 November 2002 22:00:05 UTC, Tony wrote:

>>> On 28 November 2002 00:34:17 UTC, Angela wrote:

Firstly, you'd need a very long tongue :-)
As to what would happen, I'd prove to be a very Dirty Old Man!

Tony

Server Error
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 08:55:13 AM »
>>> On 06 February 2003 09:27:31 UTC, Edwin Hermann wrote:

It's also impossible to stand against a wall with your heels to the wall and touch your toes whilst keeping your feet flat to the ground.

Do you mean to include either of the phrases 'without bending your knees", or "without falling over"?  

;-)

Angela

Server Error
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 12:41:03 PM »
If we go around adding "without falling over" to such statements, just about anything will be impossible! ;^) (for me at least.) I think we should just let that one stand - if it can.

And while we're on the subject of Servers, Edwin's one is getting full of Acronyms Forums posts. I need to get rid of some but to save me the hassle of actually making any decisions, are there any volunteers for the chopping block?

Actually, when I get home I'll see if I can copy the forum posts to my server, as web pages, so that we can still view the old posts even though we won't be able to add new posts to the threads. As I recall, Ed says we can't just move the data files to another server and have his forum 'engine' use them, but that doesn't stop me from copying the actual pages it generates, changing the links, putting them up on acronyms.co.nz somewhere, and linking to them from here. It'd be fun to try. I've been writing a lot of small Cocoa programs lately to do things such as that... why not one more?

*evil laugh* Ha! I bet you didn't think of that, Edwin... trying to ruin our fun, were you? Well, nobody takes my old forum posts away and lives to tell people!

Those of you concerned with accuracy may exchange 'lives' for 'bothers'

[Edwin might note my willingness to write code to keep the forums online, and sympathetically offer to write code himself which will let his forum engine work when the data is on another server. It could cache recently accessed files so there wouldn't be much trouble with it not being able to communicate with acronyms.co.nz for whatever reason. But I know he's too busy.]

>>> On 06 February 2003 19:55:13 UTC, Tony wrote:

Do you mean to include either of the phrases 'without bending your knees", or "without falling over"?  

;-)

Angela

Server Error
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 12:42:55 PM »
By the way, while looking at a few old threads to see if they should be deleted, I noticed a few acronyms of Dundee's which somehow were left out of the stack. I'll add them on the weekend, when I update the site again at last.