Author Topic: WMJ  (Read 8206 times)

PAUL8539

WMJ
« on: October 19, 2002, 01:58:18 AM »
I need a meaning for the acronym 'WMJ'.  I just got new plates on my car with those letters.  I have been to 5 acronym sites, and looked through a two inch book of acronyms dated from 1974, and I can't find a single meaning for WMJ.  I need a LEGITIMATE one, not some made-up one.  Anybody have any?

Tony

WMJ
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 06:51:28 AM »
PAUL8539 wrote:

> I need a meaning for the acronym 'WMJ'.  
> I just got new plates on my car with those letters.
> I have been to 5 acronym sites, and looked through a two inch book of acronyms dated from 1974, and I can't find a single meaning for WMJ.
>  I need a LEGITIMATE one, not some made-up one.  Anybody have any?

If by "legitimate" you mean pre-existing, then we don't do that here. We are a loose collective of idiots who create new expansions for pre-existing acronyms and we also create acronyms and expansions from scratch.

What car do you drive, would it be 'legitimate' to claim that it stands for...

Well Made Japanese

or maybe....
Watch My Jalopy
or...
We Make Journeys

Acronyms, strictly speaking, are words made from the initial letters of other words. So WMJ is not really an acronym as it is not a 'word', rather a string of letters.

Best wishes

Angela

WMJ
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 10:11:13 AM »
Hmm... I can't find a 'legitimate' one for it either, but that's not what we do best - We Mutilate Jargon!

I don't think I can top Tony's suggestions but how about:

Wild Man's Jeep (replace Wild with any more suitable Word)
Wheels Mean Joy!

Tony

WMJ
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2002, 01:05:36 PM »
Seems Paul didn't think too much of our offerings, or else wasn't polite enough to react. :-(