Author Topic: Lost phone  (Read 6437 times)

Toneless Tony

Lost phone
« on: December 16, 2003, 10:11:51 AM »
MISSING MOBILE PHONE - MY LIFE"S RUINED
Man I'm Suddenly Speechless - It's Not Good. My Only Beloved Is Lost. Each Person's Home/Office Numbers Escapes Me. Yet Loss Is Finite, Everything's (Slowly) Replaceable. Usefully Insured, New Equipment's Delivered

I have been at a great loss since last Thursday when my mobile phone went missing.

Jeff

Lost phone
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 04:03:57 PM »
GET A DANG PDA

Greatly expand technological abilities; disregard ancient Newtons' greatness, Palms do admirably.

Then it'll be harder to lose your phone book.  With all due respect to the Newton, I seem to recall you having a USB Mac and I understand adapters can be a bit messy, especially with OS X.  My Palm Tungsten C is pretty good; a bit pricey, but they make ones that are more economical, without Wi-Fi and whatnot.

Angela

Lost phone
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 09:51:54 PM »
I started working on this one when I first saw Tony's post and was inspired to finish it at last when I saw Jeff's:

IF ONLY YOU'D KEPT THE CONTACT DETAILS ON YOUR MAC AND USED ISYNC TO COPY THEM TO THE PHONE.
It's Fortunate On New Links You Yuppies Only Use Desktop's Keyboard Entering People's Telephones To Have  Everywhere -- Clie Or Nokia (or Cellphone or Notebook), They All Can Take Down (Electronically) Telephone/Address  Information. Lost Something? Only Need Your Other (Unaffected) Repository, Make A Copy And No Data's Unavailable. Synchronising Every Day Is Superfluous, Your Numerous Contacts' Telephones Only Change Once Per Year (That's Horrible Estimate, Maybe Their Own Treasured Handhelds Escaped!) Personal Humble Opinion: Not Essential.

It's a bit forced in places and it meanders all over the place, so feel free to suggest improvements.

I had a series of hand-me-down cellphones, and used them fairly often, perhaps began to think I needed them, while I had them. I haven't had one for a few years now and have only missed having one once or twice.