Author Topic: Introducing Longhorn.  (Read 6155 times)

Jeff

Introducing Longhorn.
« on: June 29, 2004, 03:52:20 PM »
INTRODUCING LONGHORN

It's Not That.  Really, OpenStep-Descended Unix Clone.  Implementors Now Gawk -- Lots Of New Goodies: H.264, Overvoicing, RSS.  Neat!

Jeff Anonymous, in reference to a humorous banner reported to be hanging at WWDC 2004, which actually brags on new advanced features (including the H.264 video codec, the VoiceOver spoken interface, and RSS syndication in Safari) in Tiger, which will probably be version 10.4 of the Mac OS.

Angela

Introducing Longhorn.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 10:55:06 PM »
Been there, got the T-shirt, have Tiger installed on my iPod. I'd apronymise one of the other posters, 'REDMOND, START YOUR PHOTOCOPIERS' but I'm too tired. WWDC and sleep don't mix.

Angela

Introducing Longhorn.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 09:43:49 AM »
Whew, I finally have some time to sit down and apronymise. One of the banners at WWDC said REDMOND, START YOUR PHOTOCOPIERS:

Remember, Everyone, Don't Mention Our Nemesis Directly, Since They're Always Ready To Yell Objections Using Representatives Paid Hundreds Of Thousands. Obvious Clone Of Product Is Expected Relatively Soon.

If you're wondering why I've not been paying much attention to apronyms lately, check out my travelogue at http://travelling.macintosh.geek.nz. I did manage to update the Apronyms site today.