Author Topic: Stomach upsets  (Read 7294 times)

Tony

Stomach upsets
« on: November 02, 2001, 12:44:39 AM »
> Acronym: PUKE
> Expansion: Partially Undigested Kilojoules Ejected
> Credit: Angela Brett [In Category: Science:Biology:Ailments]

VOMIT (2)
Viscous Odorous Mess - Ill Tummy

SICK
Stomach Is Curdled & Kaput

BELLYACHE
By Eating Loads & Loads, You Ache Catastrophically, Heavy Emissions

INDIGESTION
Ignore Nutty Diets. If Good Eating Suggestions Taken, It's Obviated Normally

HEARTBURN
Having Eaten Amazingly Rapidly, Begrudgingly ndergo Restless Night

Triickertreat

Stomach upsets
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2001, 05:25:13 AM »
GAS ATTACK

Got Aerated Stomach? Alka-seltzer Tablets Taken Are Chemical Key.

Angela

Stomach upsets
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2001, 11:22:37 AM »
Hmm, I almost feel like ripping your mask off and discovering that you're actually the curator from the museum. ;^)

I thought at first that Trickertreat was Tony in disguise (they are quite Tonylike acronyms), so I didn't put that JEFF ANONYMOUS acronym on the site because I wanted to make sure who posted it. Now that Tony and Jeff have denied being Trickertreat (or, indeed, Triickertreat) I guess that means I'll put your acronyms in under that name. Trickertreat is only a good pseudonym at this time of the year, though - perhaps you'd like to reveal your true identity, or a less seasonal alias.

So anyway - welcome aboard, newcomer! (Boy will I look silly if it turns out to be someone we know.)

NAUSEA (2): Nursing An Unhappy Stomach... Eaten Aasleagh.

Aasleagh is defined in 'The Meaning of Liff' (see other thread) as being:

A liqueur made only for drinking at the end of a revoltingly long bottle party when all the drinkable drink has been drunk.

>>> On 01 November 2001 16:25:13 UTC, Triickertreat wrote:

GAS ATTACK

Got Aerated Stomach? Alka-seltzer Tablets Taken Are Chemical Key.

Triiickertreat

Stomach upsets
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2001, 11:36:21 AM »
>>> On 01 November 2001 22:22:37 UTC, Angela wrote:

Hmm, I almost feel like ripping your mask off and discovering that you're actually the curator from the museum. ;^)

Naaah, I'm the fairground owner! Last week I was the hotel owner, and next week I'll be the owner of the ski resort.

Now that Tony and Jeff have denied being Trickertreat

This reveals slack thinking, madam.

Angela

Stomach upsets
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2001, 12:43:24 PM »
Slack thinking, or perhaps I'm just really trusting. :^)

The attractive thing about slack thinking is that it's really easy to do.

Jeff Anonymous

Stomach upsets
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2001, 06:32:50 AM »
Might be Edwin, or Smartipants, yes...or it could be some folks I know whom I have invited.  But this is clearly the work of a skilled acronymist.

Slack Thinker

Stomach upsets
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2001, 10:41:08 AM »
That's for sure. Maybe it's the Tonylet showing how like his father he really is. Whoever it is, it had better be sorted out soon because I don't know whether to credit the acronyms to Trickertreat, Triickertreat, Triiickertreat, Trivckertreat, or the name of somebody we already know.

>>> On 02 November 2001 17:32:50 UTC, Jeff Anonymous wrote:

Might be Edwin, or Smartipants, yes...or it could be some folks I know whom I have invited.  But this is clearly the work of a skilled acronymist.

Tony

Stomach upsets
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2001, 01:05:09 PM »
>>> On 02 November 2001 21:41:08 UTC, Slack Thinker wrote:

Whoever it is, it had better be sorted out soon

Well in that case I'll come clean and accept the credit/blame. I never said it wasn't me, I only said "Maybe it was...."

Angela

Stomach upsets
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2001, 02:08:42 PM »
AHA! (Aaah, He's Admitted!)

I thought those acronyms seemed very Tonylike. The apparent denial threw me off the scent (although it didn't totally convince me) but replying to your own post on this thread was a stroke of genius. The accusation of slack thinking renewed my suspicions, as it was supposed to.

TRICKERTREAT:

That's Real Intrigue... Camouflaged Known Expander Rattled The Regulars. Eventually: AHA! Tony!

I'm thinking 'Costumed' could be better than Camouflaged since it was a Halloween costume, but it doesn't sound as good.

Angela

Stomach upsets
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2001, 11:44:08 AM »

>>> On 01 November 2001 11:44:39 UTC, Tony wrote:

HEARTBURN
Having Eaten Amazingly Rapidly, Begrudgingly ndergo Restless Night

So I hypothesised:

Hearburn must be what happens when your ears are burning because people are talking about you, and you can hear them.

Tony

Stomach upsets
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2001, 01:55:30 PM »
>>> On 06 November 2001 22:44:08 UTC, Angela pointed out yet another of my many errrrrors:

>HEARTBURN
>Having Eaten Amazingly Rapidly, Begrudgingly ndergo Restless Night

>So I hypothesised:

>Hearburn must be what happens when your ears are burning because people are talking about you, and you can hear them.

HEARTBURN
Having Eaten Amazingly Rapidly, Then Begrudgingly Undergo Restless Night

Oh you're very funny!

ERROR POINTER-OUTER
Ever Resourceful Resource Organiser Rapidly Points Out (In Nit-pickingness & Tediousness) Errors. Remote Oldie Unfailing Types Errors Repetitively