Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 6911 times)

Angela

The Simpsons
« on: January 22, 2002, 12:03:13 AM »
This is a project I've been meaning to start on for a while - to acronymise as many characters from The Simpsons as possible. I don't know how many of you watch the show, but I'm not as ambitious as Tony in expanding characters so I'll want your help. There are hundreds of them, perhaps even thousands - some are listed in the bios on thesimpsons.com, more are pictured, and still more are not mentioned at all. Hopefully those of us who watch the show will remember most of them.

Here's my small effort to start us off:

BART: Boy's A Real Troublemaker
Brat Anagram - Right, Too!

MARGE: Mother - A Really Good Epitome.

HOMER: Holding Onto Marge - Extreme Reliance (that one's a joint effort with Steve)

HANS: Has A Nutty Scalp (referring to Hans Moleman - Homer once kissed him on the head and exclaimed, 'It's just like kissing a peanut!' I'm not happy with my attempts to extend it to include MOLEMAN)

Tony

The Simpsons
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 11:34:06 AM »
Angela wrote:

> BART: Boy's A Real Troublemaker
> Brat Anagram - Right, Too!
> MARGE: Mother - A Really Good Epitome.
> HOMER: Holding Onto Marge - Extreme Reliance (that one's a joint effort with Steve)
> HANS: Has A Nutty Scalp (referring to Hans Moleman

Good thread!

HANS MOLEMAN
His Appearance Needs Seeing Massive Over-Large Eyeglasses, Much Alopecia Noted!

MOE
"Midge" Offered Erroneously
(Moe often refers to Marge as "Midge")

MAYOR QUIMBY
Municipal Authority You've Openly Rotted -  Quite Unqualifed Ineffectual Man Beat You
(Homer took over as Mayor for a short time)

CHIEF WIGGAM
Copper (He's Incessantly Eating Food) Whose Immense Girth's Generally A Mirthmaker
(The chief's physical condition is generally a source of fun)

Angela

The Simpsons
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 02:17:52 PM »

>>> On 21 January 2002 22:34:06 UTC, Tony wrote:

MAYOR QUIMBY
Municipal Authority You've Openly Rotted -  Quite Unqualifed Ineffectual Man Beat You

Did he? Are you sure you're not thinking of when he was Sanitation Commissioner?

Tony

The Simpsons
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 03:04:20 PM »
Angela wrote:

>>>Tony wrote:

Did he? Are you sure you're not thinking of when he was Sanitation Commissioner?

I probably was, oooops, sorry. Delete that ack.

MAYOR QUIMBY (after a recount of the votes)
Municipal Authority You're (an) Openly Rotten, Quite Unprincipalled, Ignorant & Morally Bankrupt Yahoo!

Tony

The Simpsons
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2002, 08:14:38 AM »
MAGGIE
Mute Agile Girl, Generally Intensely Expressive

BARNEY GUMBLE
Beer's A Real Necessity - Ensure You Gulp Unceasingly, Man, Bemoaning Lost Education

PATTY BOUVIER
Pestering Auto-Test Triers, You Brook One Unfulfilled Infatuation - Enchanting Richard-dean-anderson

SELMA BOUVIER
Smokes Endlessly, Loves Marriage - Although Bob Objected! Unfailingly Views Incoming Eligible-males Romantically

OTTO
One Toke, Then O-n-w-a-r-d-s

SEYMOUR SKINNER
Seems Everytime Your Mother's Obviously Unduly Resentful, Something Kicks Inside. Nobody Needs Endure Resentments!

HERSHEL KRUSTOFSKI
His Esteemed Rabbi-father Should Have Educated Lovingly. Key Ratings-puller Uses Show To Often Feature 'Scratchy Killing Itchy'

Tony

The Simpsons
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2002, 11:56:49 AM »
Angela wrote:

> There are hundreds of them, perhaps even thousands - some are listed in the bios on thesimpsons.com, more are pictured, and still more are not mentioned at all. Hopefully those of us who watch the show will remember most of them.

Is there maybe a better site where one could find a listing of the full names of all the regular characters...... has comicbook-store-man got a name?

Angela

The Simpsons
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2002, 01:57:49 PM »

>>> On 22 January 2002 22:56:49 UTC, Tony wrote:
Is there maybe a better site where one could find a listing of the full names of all the regular characters...... has comicbook-store-man got a name?

So I replied:
It looks like http://www.snpp.com/guides/castlist.html actually has a complete list of characters, and it's much faster to load than the incomplete on on the official Simpsons site.

You have spelt a few names incorrectly - Krusty's full name is Herschel Shmoikel Krustofsky and the police chief's last name is Wiggum, not Wiggam.

Angela

The Simpsons
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2002, 07:31:29 PM »
PATTY BOUVIER
Pestering Auto-Test Triers, You Brook One Unfulfilled Infatuation - Enchanting Richard-dean-anderson

This one is missing a V word.

PINCHY: Pennypinchy, I'd Name Crustacean! He's Yummy.

(Pinchy was the lobster which Homer bought small and then raised into a fully-grown lobster in order to save money.)

UNCY HERB: Unsightly New Car (Yep, 'Homer') Effortlessly Rendered (him) Bankrupt.

(Homer's half-brother Herbert Powell, referred to by the kids as 'Uncy Herb' went bankrupt when he let Homer design a car - 'The Homer' - which was in a position to make or break his company.)

Tony

The Simpsons
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2002, 11:35:14 PM »
Angela wrote:

> You have spelt a few names incorrectly -
> Krusty's full name is Herschel Shmoikel Krustofsky

I could put a "C" word into the Herschel, but I'm not prepared to lose the Scratchy Killing Itchy ending, so scrap that one altogether, and I don't see the need to include "Shmoikel"

> and the police chief's last name is Wiggum, not Wiggam.
CHIEF WIGGUM
Copper (He's Incessantly Eating Food) Whose Immense Girth's Generates Unending Mirth

> PATTY BOUVIER
> Pestering Auto-Test Triers, You Brook One Unfulfilled Infatuation - Enchanting Richard-dean-anderson

> This one is missing a V word.
Should have been "Vaunted" - exultantly boasted about. Sorry about that

Angela

The Simpsons
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2002, 01:27:47 PM »
I wrote:

UNCY HERB: Unsightly New Car (Yep, 'Homer') Effortlessly Rendered (him) Bankrupt.

But now I have a better idea.

UNCY HERB: Unsightly New Car Ywroke Havoc - Even Rendered (him) Bankrupt.

tonyyy

The Simpsons
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2002, 01:45:38 PM »
Angela wrote:

> But now I have a better idea.

> UNCY HERB: Unsightly New Car Ywroke Havoc - Even Rendered (him) Bankrupt.

And I would suggest getting rid of the "(him)" with
UNCY HERB: Unsightly New Car Ywroke Havoc - Eventual Result: Bankruptcy

Angela

The Simpsons
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2002, 03:41:42 PM »
Great suggestion, Tony!