Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Apronym Creation / EDGE
« Last post by Angela on March 10, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
Hi Pattie, welcome to the forum! What do you intend to use the apronym for? What kind of context do you want to use the word in? It might help us to come up with relevant expansions.

Every Damned Guerrilla/Goon Extinguished (Or, to state the obvious, DG could be 'Dead Guy')
Enemy Down, Good Engagement!

But my favourite is:

Everybody Dies Getting Even
Apronym Creation / EDGE
« Last post by Pattie on March 10, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »
I am looking to create an acrynom using the word EDGE the words should have a military success feel to it.
Apronym Creation / education
« Last post by chrissy on March 06, 2006, 04:36:59 PM »
thanks for the suggestions Angela - they're excellent!!!
« Last post by Angela on March 04, 2006, 01:15:12 AM »
The first thing that jumps out at me when I read your words in order is:

CREATIVE:
Connectedness, Resilence, Equity, Achievement: These Improve Via Education

Here are a few others:

CLASS -- Creative Learners Achieve Social Status (this has a double meaning for 'class' which I quite like, but I think perhaps Conscientious would fit better.)

TRAINING: Teaching Responsibility And Integrity, Necessities In Next Generation

I'm sure we could come up with more relevant suggestions if we knew what you intend to use this apronym for. Also, you might be able to get some ideas from the Education category, at http://apronyms.com/education
« Last post by Chrissy on March 01, 2006, 02:57:57 PM »
Hi!

I need some help from some whiz brain. I'm trying to create an acronym for some values which are linked to education. They can be in any order.

Connectedness, Resilence, Equity, Achievement, Creativity, Integrity, Responsibility

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Apronym Creation / need and acronym for Employee service centre
« Last post by Tony on February 15, 2006, 10:13:26 AM »
Blaine wrote:

we're creating a new work unit that will provide all kinds of support and services (shared services) to all of the employees of the corporation, which is the city of edmonton. we want to have some kind of an acronym that we can use with "Ask _____" as a slogan. some of the words we are thinking of are: customer, service, help, information, answers, employee

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CHAISE
Customer Help, Answering Individual Support Enquiries.
(that "Individual" could be "Individual's")

ESSIE
Edmonton's Support, Serving Its Employees
Apronym Creation / need and acronym for Employee service centre
« Last post by Blaine on February 09, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »
we're creating a new work unit that will provide all kinds of support and services (shared services) to all of the employees of the corporation, which is the city of edmonton. we want to have some kind of an acronym that we can use with "Ask _____" as a slogan. some of the words we are thinking of are: customer, service, help, information, answers, employee

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Apronym Creation / children's church acronym
« Last post by Tony on February 08, 2006, 07:02:41 AM »
Lorri wrote:

> Need acronym for children's church service ages 6-12 for the word JOLT.

To borrow a Biblical reference, is "Jolt" set in stone?
It's never a great idea to go into acronym formation with a closed mind. It is probably best to throw a load of related terms into a pot as it were and see if there are any combinations which jump out at you.

Obviously you only say "church" so we don't even know what denomination - I'm going to assume that you're talking about a Christian Church, and that the 'J' would optimally be "Jesus".

JOLT doesn't offer anything particularly 'youth-oriented', unfortunately. 'Teenager' would be a good 'T' word, so if you could gift the older children the JOLT name you could start again. ;-)

I'd like to offer JOKERS
Jesus-Oriented Kids Enjoying Religous Studies.
(I know 'joke' and 'religion' don't spring to mind together too often, but it has a certain appeal, I feel.)

JOLT
Jesus Oriented Little Terrors  --- :-)
Juveniles Organized Learning Theology
"Just One's" Lifetime Teachings
(I'm not sure about referring to Jesus as the "Just One", it's not that it doesn't fit Him, but there are more common names.)
Apronym Creation / children's church acronym
« Last post by Lorri on February 08, 2006, 03:52:49 AM »
Need acronym for children's church service ages 6-12 for the word JOLT.

Thanks
Lorri
Apronym Creation / need acronym
« Last post by Angela on February 09, 2006, 02:42:57 AM »
I thought of the song lyric 'Tea, a drink with JAM and BREAD...' and I think BREAD could play in with the 'bread of life' symbolism.

Be Really Excited About Diocese

Diocese is not the sort of word 6-12 year olds would be likely to use, but I can't think of any better ones right now. As Tony said, it depends on what kind of church it is. It may be that a D word leaps out at you immediately because you know more about the situation. I think, 'Be Really Excited About...' is a good start though, as I hope that's what you want them to be.

If the adults get together for refreshments after mass, you could even call that group TEA... The Ecclesiastical/Exalted/Excited/Exhausted (though they're probably not exhausted if you take the kids of their hands!) Adults. I'm short on time and inspiration at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10