Author Topic: pokemon  (Read 8944 times)

Dundee

pokemon
« on: July 24, 2001, 08:46:46 PM »
ZAPDOS : Zooms Across Power Department's Official Safeline

MEWTWO : Makes Everything Wither To Win.  Ouch !!

my first trial at making acronyms ... still quite amateurish, but hope to get better.

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2001, 09:57:29 PM »
in order not to start a new thread, i've added on this existing thread ....

SINGAPORE : Sunny Island, Nobody Grows Apples, Primarily Only Real Estate

INDONESIA : Is New Daughter Of Nation Evolving Silently, Independently, Alone ?

(indonesia's new president on 23 July)

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2001, 10:08:19 PM »
BLASTOISE : Being Large And Strong Triumphs Only In Some Encounters

CATERPIE : Can Attack by Tackle. Eventually, Rest in Peace In Encounters

still trying ...

Angela Brett

pokemon
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2001, 11:27:56 PM »
They're a great start! Unfortunately, I didn't see them soon enough to include them in this update of the website, but they'll be there next week. (Next week is coming to mean 'some time in the next fortnight' actually, I don't seem to be updating the site as often as I used to. But I have heaps of free time now so it might well actually be next week.)

I especially liked the BLASTOISE acronym... keep it up!

Tony

pokemon
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2001, 07:58:25 AM »
Dundee wrote:

SINGAPORE : Sunny Island, Nobody Grows Apples, Primarily Only Real Estate

Nobody grows apples! I hope that you can prove that - we can't have lies on the site, someone might prosecute the webmaster!  ;-)

NOBODY GROWS APPLES
No Orchard Businesses Operate. Don't You Grow Refections On Wasted Suburban Areas? Properly-fed People Like Environmentally-friendly Sustenance.

Tony

pokemon
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2001, 07:59:39 AM »
I wrote:

NOBODY GROWS APPLES
No Orchard Businesses Operate. Don't You Grow Refections On Wasted Suburban Areas? Properly-fed People Like Environmentally-friendly Sustenance.

There should have been an "?" instead of an "." after the "Operate".

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2001, 08:28:51 PM »
singapore definitely has no apple trees

anyway ....

ENTEI : Elusive, Not Trappable Every Instance

RAIKOU : Really Arduous In Kapturing One.  Urgh !!

pokemons # 247 & 248 in gold & silver version - 2 of the 3 legendary beasts, really difficult to meet, let alone kapture.

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2001, 08:39:17 PM »
SUICINE : Suicidal Undertaking Inducing Capture. Impossible ?  Naturally Evident.

pokemon # 249 - the third legendary beast in the gold & silver version ... have been trying to capture 3 (not all 3 ... any 1 of 3) in last 6 months .... already pulled out half my hair in exasperation

Angela Brett

pokemon
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2001, 08:47:41 PM »
If only they'd stop adding more pokemon, maybe we'd be able to acronymise them all! Thanks for those - you're going to make quite an entrance when I update the site next.

Now, unrelated to Pokemon... I've just updated the 'gonym' CGI, so that when you click on a link to an acronym (like the ones in the acronymists' acronym lists, the acronym listings, and online stack) the page displayed also shows and links to the acronym's categor(y/ies). I plan to make the search CGI also list the acronyms' categories as well as other categories that meet the search criteria.

>>> On 25 July 2001 08:28:51 UTC, Dundee wrote:

ENTEI : Elusive, Not Trappable Every Instance

RAIKOU : Really Arduous In Kapturing One.  Urgh !!

pokemons # 247 & 248 in gold & silver version - 2 of the 3 legendary beasts, really difficult to meet, let alone kapture.

Tony

pokemon
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2001, 10:47:36 AM »
POKEMONS

Perhaps Our Kids Expend Money On Needless Sh*t

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2001, 03:20:55 PM »
can't agree more ... my 2 kids are crazy over pokemons .... well, were .... guess who's taken over the fanatical enthusiasm now ???  dear daddy here

>>> On 25 July 2001 22:47:36 UTC, Tony wrote:

POKEMONS

Perhaps Our Kids Expend Money On Needless Sh*t

Dundee

pokemon
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2001, 03:28:34 PM »
PRIVATE BANKER : Purposely Reaching Individual Victims, All (of) Them End-up Broke And Never Knowing Enjoyment of Riches.

Jeff

pokemon
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2001, 03:31:08 PM »
I agree with Tony and Dundee here...lotta dough expended should the kids grow beyond ANIME and fan fiction.

ANIME:  Animation, Neatly Ingrained [with] Messages (Evil)

(not my actual thoughts of course, heh.)

Angela

pokemon
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 01:50:25 PM »
I just noticed that according to pokemon.com, Pokemon #249 is Lugia, while #245 is Suicune... not Suicine.

>>> On 25 July 2001 08:39:17 UTC, Dundee wrote:

SUICINE : Suicidal Undertaking Inducing Capture. Impossible ?  Naturally Evident.

pokemon # 249 - the third legendary beast in the gold & silver version ... have been trying to capture 3 (not all 3 ... any 1 of 3) in last 6 months .... already pulled out half my hair in exasperation