|Current Version: 1.2|
Download Size: 119K
Registration: US$15 single user license; US$200 site license.
Requirements: 640x400 monitor or larger, any depth. HyperCard or HyperCard Player 2.1 or later.
About Music Mentor
Music Mentor is a shareware HyperCard stack to help music students learn to read written music quickly. It shows a note on a music stave and asks the user to click on the corresponding key on the three-octave piano keyboard within a certain time. The user can change the amount of time allowed for each note, and also decide whether to be tested on whole notes, sharps/flats, or both. After each test (of a user-specified number of notes) Music Mentor adds the score to a bar graph of recent tests for that player. Music Mentor remembers and tests more frequently on the notes which each user gets wrong. Music Mentor remembers test results and missed notes for any number of different players, so that in a class or home situation where there are several Music Mentor users and only one computer, each user can still have his or her own results stored. The keyboard can also be used for revision or playing tunes between tests.
- Great for multiple users - stores bar graphs and missed notes for any number of players.
- Fully configurable - the user can choose time allowed per note, number of notes per test, and what kinds of notes are tested.
- Missed notes are listed grouped according to left or right hands, so they can be practised in Music Mentor or otherwise - Music Mentor tests more often on these notes.
- Version 1.2 has better facilities for revising between tests - if you click on a note in the 'missed notes' list, the note will be played, the correct key on the piano keyboard will be highlighted, and the note will be shown on the stave.
- Also, if you click on a note on the piano keyboard the note will be played and the note will be shown on the stave.
- A bar graph for each player shows recent test scores so you can measure progress.