Welcome to Angela's homepage
Now with a completely out-of-context (but strangely apt) Cranquote on every page!
|"It's kinda half-finished. Nah, it's finished." |
Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries, after performing Free To Decide for the first time.
Okay, so maybe my head's in the clouds, but at least the rest of me isn't attached!
Hi! My name is Angela Brett, and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I was born in May 1980, and I've been on internet since February 1996. In January 2001 I got an iBook, woohoo! :) If you can't be bothered clicking on the clouds to read my other pages, here's a quick list of what I like. Beware that these pages are probably quite out-of-date:
I'm also a researcher for the Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy, Earth Edition, and I've even made a guide entry about gatanists and one about the art of acronymising. I haven't been spending much time on there lately, and it seems neither has anyone else since it was offline for a while, but here is my H2G2 homepage. I have two elder brothers (unfortunately!) an elder sister, and heaps of cool nieces and nephews. Click on one of the clouds above to find out more about any of these topics.
- Creative writing... poetry, short stories, whatever!,
- Programming - these days I'm mostly writing Cocoa apps for Mac OS X in in Objective-C, , but I've created quite a few HyperCard stacks in the past. I wrote several CGIs for the Acronyms website in C and PHP. I work as a programmer for Software Of Excellence, where I code in C for Windows. I'm currently learning Java, although I tend to dislike cross-platform things because they're generally awful on any particular platform. My first Java applet doesn't even work on most computers.
- Playing with HTML - all of the graphics and HTML on these pages is made by me. I've also made web pages for my father and my friend Jack.
- Macintosh computers - my friend Dustan and I even had Mac OS logos on our faces when we went to the Apple Spring Update - here are the pictures. Oh, and now all my Apples (including my Newtons) have their own homepages.
- Acronymising - my friend Tony and I discovered this wonderful hobby and made a HyperCard stack to contain our acronyms. Now I run a regularly updated website with thousands of acronyms by us and other people.
- Music by The Cranberries - that link goes to my incredibly out-of-date links and trading page which is so old it doesn't even fit with this colour scheme. This is a historic web page, being the oldest of all my web pages - it uses the second web page 'design' I ever came up with, and the first with colour.
- Mathematics, which I have a B.Sc in although I can't think why anyone would want to pay me money for knowing all this interesting stuff.
- Elementary Particle Physics -- I'm going to visit CERN in 2004, hooray!
- Hans Moleman, my favourite Simpsons character... "I was saying boo-urns!"
This just in... I have some galleries of pictures of my gadgets and myself online. Right here